Translate

Friday, September 30, 2016

Saturday Struggles

With the start of the second day of the festival, I knew it was going to be a long day. How long though I had no idea. It wasn’t until I had gone to a particular session did I already start to feel the day was going to be slow.

After going to the awe inspiring ‘Making it New’ session with Brionhy Doyle, Sam Cooney and Lauren Mitchell, I instantly felt like my mind was exploding with an abundance of ideas. A lot of things they talked about related to what I wanted do for my future career. Giving amazing tips to do with: building networks to receive support from like-minded writers and developing your community within your writing was really insightful. It was that wonderful, I found myself dropping my jaw in astonishment every time they said something of value, which was most of the time. So knowing that, where did my struggles start?

Well, it was of course after that session. I found I couldn’t focus mentally on the other sessions during that day. My awareness of the real world disappeared as I started to become overwhelmed from all the information I received from that session. All I wanted to do from that point on was head back to my accommodation and rest, removing myself from the thoughts and feelings of the day. However as much as I liked to do this, I had to push on with the rest of the day.

Finally back in my accommodation room with some nice pizza and garlic bread, I was able to unwind and enjoy my reward for getting through the day.

For the third and final day of the festival, here are the sessions I was eager to go to:
- The Wordburgher with David Astle

- Tools of the Trade with Gabrielle Tozer, Mark Dapin & Dianne Dempsey

No comments:

Post a Comment